Submit a Story

Submit details for a Gulf Atlantic Newsmakers story via eMail to: gfanewsmakers@usps.gov

eMail weather and road hazard information to: gfaemergency@usps.gov

Monday, March 24, 2014

Sapelo Island GA Postmaster loves her job!


Other than her family, a love for the Postal Service and her customers are what brings sheer joy to Sapelo Island GA Postmaster Linda Futch.

Talk about commitment.  Linda has quite a challenge each day.  

She retrieves her mail from Townsend GA Post Office, places it in her car and travels 17 miles to unload the mail onto the ferry dock in Meridian GA. 

She then rides the ferry to Sapelo Island where she unloads into a waiting car that transports her and the mail to Sapelo Island Post Office, a few miles from the dock,  where she unloads one more time then starts her day.  
Linda has to finish timely each day or she literally misses the boat.   

Ms. Linda, as she is affectionately called, said:  “Missing that ferry is not an option because that is failure to my customers.    I love my job.   Do you understand me?  I love my job and my customers!  I love the Post Office!  Honey, I am so happy every morning that I can get up and go to work.   I cannot understand why any postal employee would not give 100% or better dedication to how they do their job. ”

Ms. Linda  also  is a proud 72-year-old mother of six children,  grandmother of 22, and great-grandmother to 9.  

She is a 22-year postal veteran who began her career as a Postmaster Relief .  She formerly was Meridian  GA Postmaster, being promoted to her present position in June 2013.  

When she recently visited Meridian for mail pickup, a couple of customers gave her joy when they asked:  “Ms. Linda, are you back.  We miss you. ”   Simply an amazing lady.

No comments:

Post a Comment