Submit a Story

Submit details for a Gulf Atlantic Newsmakers story via eMail to: gfanewsmakers@usps.gov

eMail weather and road hazard information to: gfaemergency@usps.gov

Thursday, January 2, 2014

JAX Supervisor wishes co-workers well as she retires

 

December 31, 2013 was my final tour of duty with the Postal Service.  My 33 years has been rewarding, challenging and most of all a lifetime of memories. 

I am grateful to God for the opportunity and the many details that this organization has given me. There are so many people I would like to thank.  I tell everybody that “I love my job” and especially my Customer Service co-workers and customers.  

My once, GMF Roving pool, you were the backbone of customer service, my GMF Sales and Associates team you will always be # 1, I would like to especially thank my senior clerk, Angela Cuffy for my Sales and Associates training, she did a great job and I became a great Supervisor because of her training. 

The Postmaster’s Staff, this include Denese Baines and Wendy Fuller, thanks for everything.  Carl Porter, Tanya Whitaker and the mail handlers who always came when I called and dispatched all the mail, thanks.  Dee Carter and Dawnette Tinsley, thanks for all your support. 

Last but not least, my friend and Manager, Al Walker, thanks for allowing me to manage the largest retail unit in this city. You were the best and I will miss you all, thank you to everyone who assisted me on this tour of duty.

The last day is bittersweet, but I am ready to end my tour today, I did my best and I have no regrets.

Sincerely,
Wanda McKinney
Supervisor Window Services
Jacksonville GMF Postal Store

No comments:

Post a Comment